This Day's Verse


Jeremiah 10:7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Armour

 I just got an email from world network of prayer. www.wnop.com  This article is good and I decided to share it on my blog.


We continually should wear the Whole Armor of God every day. Before we enter into prayer, especially Spiritual Warfare, it is vital to put on the Whole Armor of God to be fully equipped as a victorious Christian. Pray that God's people put on His Whole Armor:

Helmet of Salvation
Protect my mind.
A helmet also is a protection for the eyes. Pray during this time. Keep my mind and eyes focused on you. Let me think right; let me view things through your eyes, Oh Lord.

Breastplate of Righteousness
Keep my heart right.
God filter everything that comes into or out of my heart, through Your righteousness. None is righteous Oh Lord, but You. Let me be easily impressed by Your Spirit, recognizing the unction of Your Spirit. Lord, it's Your righteousness, not mine.
Put on (in your mind) the breastplate and let God impress you about things of the Spirit.

Loins Girt about with Truth
Let me love truth.
A girdle was used to keep the rest of the garments from hampering your progress.
It also could be used to carry your sword and money. Truth gives you power and strength.
Gird me about with truth; wrap Yourself around me. Let truth keep me from lies and error.

Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace
Everywhere I walk, bring peace. I am willing to witness.
Lord, help me to be peaceful and to bring peace. Lord, guide my feet and guard them. Set my feet in a large place safe from the pit. Send the angels to keep me from bruising my feet against a stone.

Shield of Faith
Quench all fiery darts of the enemy and help me when I do not understand.
Lord, You are the Author and the Finisher of my faith. Let my faith come from You, for You are faithful. A strong defense is the beginning of great offense. With faith all things are possible. Lord, I know You fight for me. Above all...First thing we must have. If we are missing or weak in any other part of our armor, faith will cover for it.

Sword of the Spirit
Let me be on the offense with truth.
Anoint the Word in my hands and heart. Lead me and guide me that I may be effective in all I do. Let Your Word do a work through me. Your Word gives me boldness to attack and knowledge to defend myself and others.
Let me be a channel through which the Word can flow.

*Excerpts from Spiritual Warfare Prayer by Judy Doughty

No comments:

Post a Comment