This Day's Verse


Jeremiah 10:7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rest.





Collossal glossary I just typed out was deleted inadvertently while trying to blog from my droidblog. While I succeeded in gaining a great start on a carpal tunnel condition, I failed to post the glossary.

This was maddening. Coupled or should I say tripled by the fact that I don't feel too great, my dog is in the midst of a three hour long anxiety attack over early fireworks (if you call eighteen M80s in 3 hours, fireworks)!

I'd rather be digiscrapping. I want my blog up and running. Day is done. Blog time is over.

My droid glows in the darkness.The dog's vet prescribed anxiety meds kicked in for him, finally. Like a newborn, he is nestled gently between my husband and I.

Familiar fan whirs away the days frustrations. I come to grips with the loss of my hard work on that glossary. I will do it over, later. In more detail.

M80's cease. Things are quiet on the battleground, I mean, culdesac. Angry thoughts lie like snap pops on sidewalks of my mind, torn open, sawdust exposed,useless. Jesus appears in my thoughts. A calm, gentle wind, He sweeps them away.

A clear, unlittered walkway. Taking my hand in His, we walk until He stops to admire brightly written sidewalk chalk designs apparently abandoned by one of His children. He is pleased with what He sees. I look closer. Birds, flowers, spirals,and words scrawled within the design. How hard it must have been for a child to leave the masterpiece behind.

I read the words, Peace. Faith. Love. Joy. I recognize the print as mine! Smiling,Jesus produces His own piece of chalk. He adds one more simple word. Rest.

I will. Standing together, I quickly imprint the design in my mind. He glances down the path ahead of us. Rest,He says. Tomorrow, we will walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment