This Day's Verse


Jeremiah 10:7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's getting to me...

Dear Kids:
I'm watching my childhood friend, Jane, watch her mama die. The hospice worker was there Thursday and told Jane that she was giving her mother a great gift. I hadn't thought of it as a gift to her mom...only as a duty. But, he is right. Jane is by her moms side and I can see that it is tremendously painful for her to experience letting go of her mama and watching her leave!


Of course, Jane said she would have it no other way. You can see the peace on Patsy's face since she left the cold clinical hospital. All the while you can see the agony on Jane's. But, it isn't about Jane. It is about her mother, Patsy, right now. It is her gift to her mama. Her last gift she will ever give to her mom.
That same night, I had a bad dream. I was the one in the hospital bed.  In my dream, I knew I was dying. I was reaching for all of you as I died and my hands came up empty. I woke up in a cold sweat. I know it was a bad dream. But it is one I hope will never come true.
I TRULY want to thank you for our closeness, kids. I SINCERELY Thank you for loving me. I love all of you. I certainly hope that you never ever have to experience what Jane is going through. But, if you do, I'm being honest when I say that, as your mama, I'd be reaching for you.
Love, Your Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment