This Day's Verse


Jeremiah 10:7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sorting it all out....


I've been learning a new craft where I use tons of beads. I try to buy multi-colored beads in high quantities because I do not want all my projects to be the same. It takes some time to sort all those beads into individual colors. But, I love it.
Because, I can do it. This bead goes here. This one goes there. The previously jumbled mass of beads is divided neatly into each individual bag of its own color. Easy!I think the reason I love that process so much is because, unlike in life, I can sort stuff out and put each thing in its place.

 I don't know one person who doesn't have problems in their life. I do know some have huge problems such as a loved one dying, job loss, loss of home, illnesses. Others have smaller problems such as the lawnmower broke down and the grass is getting high. I have a large family who all have problems.

I often know many of their situations and I care about each one of them. Their situations are colorful and jumbled like my beads. I often feel the need to be the one who has to sort them out. Anyone who has held this position may now stand with me and we will admit together that solving all the world's problems is an insurmountable task. For us, anyway.

Jesus cares about every one of us and our problems, too. No matter how minute, if it matters to us, it matters to Him. The Bible says, Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Does this scripture actually work? I can honestly say, after trial and error, "YES, it does." When you have a situation, or know of one, it is much better to pray about it rather than carry it around spending hours trying to sort it out. Give it to Jesus. He knows right where they go. Let Him sort  it all into its place. All of it. He has the proper containers. Wait until you see  finished projects the Master will turn out when we choose to give Him our jumbled bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment